Technical Support Engineer I - AMER
Who are we looking for?
If you're interested in being part of an amazing team that is a customer satisfaction leader and is working towards being one of the top global software support organizations, here's where you'd be able to make a difference:
- Help our customers understand the true potential an the software through ensuring that their answers are provided both timely and accurately
- Solve problems in an effective and measured manner. You'll be working with technical teams as well as non-technical teams, so you'll need to be able to translate business needs and problems into technical solutions
- Contribute to a detailed and comprehensive knowledge base that our clients and internal consumers can use to solve their own challenges without needing to get a hold of you
- Sustain our 97%+ customer satisfaction rating by providing phenomenal, personalized support with our great customers
What's your day look like?
As a Technical Support Engineer (Analyst), you are our front-line support for the customer on Lithium products! This business critical role helps resolve issues, answer questions and troubleshooting to provide customers with accurate and swift solutions. When needed, there are senior members (Level 2 and 3) on the team to escalate to by providing them with all the relevant information to easily understand the issue.
- This position covers our AMERICA shift
- (18:30 - 3:00 IST, Monday through Friday)
- (21:30 - 6:00 IST, Monday through Friday)
If you can accomplish the above, you've got what it takes. Our engineers are responsible for providing our customers with extraordinary customer service and support via primarily email and telephone. In addition to being a Jack of all trades, our team members need to possess customer service skills that make the company shine and also have an attitude and personality that makes them suited to work with people (our customers and their co-workers!) and make those people happy.
The Technical Support Engineer role is somewhat entry level technically and is responsible for ensuring that our customers are communicated with, our internal staff members are followed up on, and generally coordinating the success of our team. This team takes on learning the system and technologies, but we have the luxury of training you in the details. In today's ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who's up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms, able to troubleshoot basic software applications, and is an excellent communicator via email or over the phone.
This means a proficiency with web design or development, basic programming, script languages, and relational databases is an experience that is gained and used here. If your background includes a strong social web interest, that's a serious plus! To better serve our widespread customer base we love hiring people with multilingual capabilities.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer and/or technical support roles, ideally analyzing and supporting web applications
- Previous demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technical domains
- Web 2.0 architecture and solutions
- Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- REST API
- JSON and XML
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expertise in supporting complex Enterprise software solutions (ERP, CRM, etc) instead of more typical technical support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Technical or support certifications such as HDI, ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert
- Familiar with the latest and greatest social channels (forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Able to multi-task effectively while working on customer issues
- Experience with Lithium applications
- Experience with moderation and/or management of online communities or social media presence
- Experience with any (or all) of the following tools: #Slack, JIRA, Salesforce, Confluence
Back to top