Technical Support Analyst II- AMER
What's your day look like?
As a Technical Support Analyst, you are our front-line support for the customer on Lithium products! This business critical role helps resolve issues, answer questions and troubleshooting to provide customers with accurate and swift solutions. When needed, there are senior members (Level 2 and 3) on the team to escalate to by providing them with all the relevant information to easily understand the issue.
As a full-time team member, the focus is on a personal queue filled with simple and complex issues of all sorts. Managing and prioritizing this queue, handling both existing and new issues, will be key to success in this role by ensuring they keep moving, get the proper attention, and never slip through the cracks.
Your arsenal will include using industry standard tools and applications, internal and external web outlets, and your own troubleshooting background.
You will work closely with other teams at Lithium such as Level 2 Support, Customer Operations (Level 3 Support), Engineering, Professional Services, Sales, Customer Success and other teams necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and move issues along towards a swift resolution.
Skills & Requirements
Desired Qualities & Skills
If you can accomplish the above, you've got what it takes. Our engineers are responsible for providing our customers with extraordinary customer service and support via primarily email and telephone. In addition to being a Jack of all trades, our team members need to possess customer service skills that make the company shine and also have an attitude and personality that makes them suited to work with people (our customers and their co-workers!) and make those people happy.
The Customer Support Engineer role is somewhat entry level technically and is responsible for ensuring that our customers are communicated with, our internal staff members are followed up on, and generally coordinating the success of our team. This team takes on learning the system and technologies, but we have the luxury of training you in the details. In today's ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who's up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms, able to troubleshoot basic software applications, and is an excellent communicator via email or over the phone.
This means a proficiency with web design or development, basic programming, script languages, and relational databases is experience that is gained and used here. If your background includes a strong social web interest, that's a serious plus! To better serve our widespread customer base we love hiring people with multilingual capabilities.
To help you out in figuring out what we're looking for, here are some examples of the skills our current team has (or could use). Not having all the skill sets will not discount you from consideration as we are looking to round out our team effectively! These are simply plusses and should be showcased.
- 2-4 years of experience in customer and/or technical support roles, ideally analyzing and supporting web applications
- Previous demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technical domains
- Web 2.0 architecture and solutions
- Relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- REST API
- JSON and XML
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expertise in supporting complex Enterprise software solutions (ERP, CRM, etc) instead of more typical technical support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Technical or support certifications such as HDI, ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert
- Familiar with the latest and greatest social channels (forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Able to multi-task effectively while working on customer issues
- Experience with Lithium applications
- Experience with moderation and/or management of online communities or social media presence
- Experience with any (or all) of the following tools: #Slack, JIRA, Salesforce, Confluence
See Inside the Office of Lithium
Lithium's technology allows companies to create tailored community platforms on their web and social properties. With its unique suite of advanced tools, Lithium help brands like Sephora and The Home Depot grow their fan bases, drive sales, and reduce service costs—empowering passionate customers to connect to their brands and engage with other fans.
Back to top