Sr. Project Manager & PMO Leader
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
As a Senior Project Manager at Lithium, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of our customers’ projects. For this position, we’re seeking an individual who possesses a unique mix of strong customer management abilities combined with solid hands-on technical experience. You will be primarily responsible for launching new customer communities with a solid foundation for growth; however, you will also own subsequent projects within our customer base.
*The preferred location for this position would be out of our San Francisco, CA office or within the Greater SF Bay Area. We are also open to looking at candidates Remotely out of California.
- Manages a number of parallel software deployment projects for our customers
- Coordinates and/or manages internal and external resources, both technical (consultants, production operations) and non-technical (best practice experts, user interface consultants, designers)
- Works with customers on the definition and execution of their overall project plans
- Manages the client relationship and set customer expectations during product implementations
- Completes projects on time and on budget while delighting the customers
- Identifies and advocates for new product features on behalf of the customers
- Identifies account expansion opportunities and support Sales to close them
- Documents project progress as per project management best practices (meeting minutes, project plan updates, weekly status reports)
- Documents functional and technical specifications of the proposed solution
- Creates Statements of Work for projects and change requests
- Contributes to constant improvement of Lithium’s project management practices
- Coordinates training and mentorship for the customers' staff
- Creating and managing Project Management Office ( PMO ) processes, documentation, and tools.
- University degree from a reputable University (CS, EE or similar)
- 5+ years of hands-on project management experience at a software product company or consulting firm, with at least 3 years managing projects in consumer facing web applications (web sites, social interaction sites, support sites, etc.)
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Experience managing multiple parallel projects (with team size of 5+ members) in a software development and/or project management environment where the customer is an external buyer (no internal IT projects)
- Experience scoping and estimating project effort, as well as sound understanding of project control KPIs
- Experience with MS Project (or similar) project management solution as well as Microsoft’s Office automation products
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with a SAAS-based social customer experience platform
- Experience within the social media technology landscape
- Experience creating and managing Project Management Office ( PMO ) processes, documentation, and tools.
- Strong flair for technology and technology solutions
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Moderation and/or Management of online communities experience a plus
- Each additional language is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Willingness to travel (20% to 30%)
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
Lithium will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top