Software Engineer - Applied Data Science
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - APPLIED DATA SCIENCE
We are searching for Software Engineer that has strong analytical skills, is systematic, and able to deliver engineering solutions at scale.
If you are excited about building pipelines, service applications and REST APIs around NLP, and machine learning including named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, user intent mining, personalization & recommendation, user interest and expertise modeling, then this would be the right adventure for you. Daily, we process data sets spanning multiple social networks, hundreds of millions of users and billions of data signals. We deploy code several times a day, keeping a fast pace of iteration.
Selected Media Links
Your core contributions would include
- Develop various data pipelines and algorithms for text and graph processing.
- Build robust, scalable, and high availability services.
- Develop and improve applications such as: user targeting, personalized recommendation, user interest and expertise modeling, and multilingual NLP.
- Collaborating with engineers and product managers across multiple product lines.
- 1+ years of relevant industry/academic experience in software development and full product life-cycles.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient in Java, C/C++, or Objective-C.
- Experience in data mining and/or machine learning.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn.
- 3+ years of relevant industry/academic experience in software development and full product life-cycles.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in building large scale distributed data processing systems, and relevant technologies (Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Track record of academic/industry research and white papers.
- Natural Language Processing and/or Deep Learning experience.
In addition to the industry standard perks, we provide flexible hours and flexible time-off, fitness reimbursement, On-Site Gym (in SF), Wellness Events, Commuter Benefits, and catered lunches 2x a week, as well as all the snacks & drinks you can devour.
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top