Senior Data Platform Engineer - Personalization
Senior Data Platform Engineer – Personalization (San Francisco)
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
As a Sr. Data Platform engineer inside the Personalization org you are part of one of the most critical teams at Lithium. This team is one of the most critical teams at the company since they are responsible for working directly with data scientists and engineers to deliver our most important data driven products. Without the systems that this team builds and supports these products literally cannot exist.
Your core responsibilities are:
- Building and managing data pipelines and data infrastructure.
- Designing and developing tools and processes to maintain our data infrastructure at scale.
- Acting as a consultant to internal teams so that they can leverage our data infrastructure to deliver data driven products.
- Working with external vendors and internal teams to resolve blockers, and willing to take ownership to resolve the problem.
- Bringing clarity to explain and resolve production operational issues, suggest and implement performance optimization tasks, and best practices.
- Choosing between implementing a new solution vs. picking off the shelf technology.
- Passionate about customer outcomes
- A friendly team member willing to work fearlessly with multiple internal teams
- Thirsty enough to jump in and learn both new technology and new products.
- Courageous enough to say: "I don't know." And hungry enough to learn the answer.
- Fun to work with.
- 5+ years of experience as a data platform engineer or software engineer.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluent with Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Skilled to build internal tools for automating.
- Languages: Python, Java
- Big data technology including: Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Elastic Search (Solid understanding of the internals, usage and operational requirements)
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet or Salt
Nice to have:
- Networking: Cloud and Datacenter routing, VLANs, VPN
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Back to top