Revenue Accounting Manager
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That's what we're doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We're looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
As a key member of the Corporate Controller's team, the Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the charge on the management and integrity of the worldwide revenue accounting and related financial reporting functions.
- Design and implement effective revenue accounting policies, procedures and controls ("SOX-like" quality)
- Provide technical accounting expertise on the proper treatment of revenue arrangements and related financial reporting and disclosures requirements. Produce technical memos to support the Company's position
- Review revenue contracts to ensure compliance with the Company's revenue recognition policy. Partner with Sales and Legal to ensure optimal revenue recognition terms
- Establish and maintain fair value documentation (BESP / VSOE)
- Manage the monthly revenue close process, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations of revenue, deferred revenue and other accounts associated with revenue streams
- Assist with the production and preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Design and implement informative revenue results reports, including key metrics, for senior management and other key stakeholders
- Provide management, discussion and analysis on revenue results (actual vs. budget/forecasts, trends, drivers, benchmarks) that help guide the business to meet its financial objectives
- Evaluate the revenue accounting and financial reporting impact of operational decisions, including business combinations
- Identify opportunities to improve broad, cross-functional business processes and related systems. Assist with the design and implementation of systems solutions and requirements for new applications or enhancements
- Assist finance and the operating business units with revenue accounting and reporting related matters
- Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
- Key stakeholder in the implementation of ASC 606
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, including managerial, in accounting and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and ability to drive resolution on technical accounting issues
- Hi-Tech, Saas, or related industries experience
- Accounting experience in a multi-national or publicly-traded company preferred
- Experience with Quote-to-Cash process (OE, service delivery, rating, invoicing, journals, GL)
- Strong financial systems background (NetSuite, SalesForce.com, customer billing, and OSS)
- Ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with senior management and functional department managers
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands- including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra - to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we've been ranked as one of Glassdoor's Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Back to top