PMO Lead & Project Manager
PMO Lead & Project Manager at Lithium Technologies
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on digital customer experience and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
This is an opportunity to lead Lithium Professional Services’ project management office (PMO) to the next level of customer satisfaction and corporate results. Lithium has established project management processes, documentation, and systems; and the market already ranks our SaaS platform and professional services as a leader in the digital customer experience market. This is a new position, created to formalize PMO and continuous improvement, as well as play a team-lead role in day-to-day execution across the North American project manager team. The PMO Lead will also directly manage key account projects delivery in order to stay directly connected to customers and project management.
The preferred location of this position is our San Francisco, CA, headquarters. We are also open to considering strong candidates in Austin, TX; NYC-Philadelphia corridor; or remote.
1. Create/update, implement, and manage new Project Management Office ( PMO ) processes, documentation, tools, and metrics:
- Apply industry PMO best practices,
- Leverage existing Lithium processes, documentation, and systems.
- Manage a portfolio of N America customer projects’ results:
- On time
- On budget, profitability
- Customer Satisfaction scores
2. Coach and mentor a team of peer Project Managers in North America
- To achieve personal goals and project results
- While managing to utilization and billability goals
- Collaborate with Services Operations on staffing, resource management, and to ensure processes and systems align
3. Directly deliver key N America customer implementations as an experienced project manager and as an opportunity to lead by example
- Manage a number of parallel SaaS deployment projects for our customers
- Manage the customer relationship and expectations during projects;
- Collaborate on the definition and execution of overall project plan/schedule.
- Schedule and coordinate Lithium professional services personnel, including:
- Social business consultant
- UX designer
- Web engineer – UI implementation, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Application engineer – single sign-on (SSO), APIs, integrations, etc.
- Document project progress in weekly status reports, and Lithium’s CRM and professional services automation system records
4. Identify account expansion opportunities and support Sales and Customer Success;
- Collaborate to develop estimates, Statements of Work, and change requests.
5. Identify and advocate for new Lithium product capabilities on behalf of customers
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing a Project Management Office ( PMO ) processes, documentation, tools, and metrics;
- with demonstrated, measurable results and examples.
- 5+ years of customer-facing project management experience at a software product company (preferably SaaS-based) or technology services firm;
- with at least 3 years managing projects in consumer-facing web applications (web sites, social interaction sites, support sites, etc.)
- Examples of managing multiple parallel projects, for Fortune 500 enterprise customers,
- averaging 3-6 months in length,
- with project team size of 4+ members.
- Experience in a team-lead role providing mentorship, training planning, and guidance to a team of project managers
- Experience scoping and estimating project effort, as well as writing Statements of Work
- Capable with the following tools:
- MS Project (or similar) project management software as well as Microsoft Office suite
- CRM and professional services automation (PSA), for example Salesforce.com, Financial Force, etc.
- Collaboration tools, e.g. Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Excellent customer and internal interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken)
- University degree
- Willingness to travel (20% to 25%)
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Consumer customer service and/or digital marketing use cases
- SaaS digital customer experience, online communities, and social media management platforms and use; e.g. Jive, Salesforce.com, Sprinklr, etc.
- CRM, marketing automation, and loyalty platforms and integrations; e.g. Salesforce.com, Marketo, Responsys, Bazaarvoice, etc.
- Management and/or moderation of online communities
- Managing a team of direct reports
- PMP certification
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 360 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Sephora, StubHub, Skype and Comcast — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own.
Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top