Job Description Responsibilities
- Excellent working knowledge of the business and technology.
- Ability to act as a SME (subject matter expert) in the field and to contribute to process improvements and knowledge-sharing within the organization
- Ability to informally mentor, coach or guide team members or colleagues
- Monitor, alert and report on monitoring systems for product environments
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of hosted applications, services and systems
- Follow, develop and improve fault-handling, incident management and communication procedures.
- Create and develop strategies, solutions and processes to resolve incidents and improve efficiencies and performance of applications, services and systems
- Provide change gatekeeper functions to prevent unplanned service interruptions
- Continuous development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly in regard to product architecture and platforms.
- Participate in a 24x7 work rotation as required.
To help you out in figuring out what we're looking for, here are some examples of the skills our current team has (or could use). Not having all the skill sets will not discount you from consideration as we are looking to round out our team effectively! These are simply plusses and should be showcased.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Technical or support certifications such as ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert
- Able to generate, collect, organize and interpret data.
- Strong Linux operating system skills.
- Good knowledge of the OSI model.
- Advanced system administrator skills.
- Good working knowledge of scripting, including Python.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Minimum 2-3yr experience in a technical support or similar role.
- Broad experience assessing and prioritizing faults and responding and communicating as documented and instructed.
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience with system monitoring and management tools including technology diagnostic and remedy experience.
- Outstanding analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Knowledge of Lithium/Jive products and target customer-base are a plus
See Inside the Office of Lithium
Lithium's technology allows companies to create tailored community platforms on their web and social properties. With its unique suite of advanced tools, Lithium help brands like Sephora and The Home Depot grow their fan bases, drive sales, and reduce service costs—empowering passionate customers to connect to their brands and engage with other fans.
Back to top