Lead/Principle Software Engineer
Lithium Technologies is an award winning privately held venture-backed company garnering Social CRM Market leadership from both Gartner and Forrester. Lithium builds trusted relationships between the world’s best brands and their customers, helping people get answers and share their experiences. Customers rely on our software platform to help them connect, engage and understand their Total Community. In a world of extreme expectations Lithium Technologies has allowed our customers like Airbnb, AT&T, Best Buy, Fitbit, Sephora, Skype, Google, GoPro and Virgin Atlantic meet the ever-growing expectations of their customer base by allowing them and drive the conversation through unique vibrant Lithium powered communities.
A Lead Software Engineer (also known as a Technical Lead) contributes to the success of the organization by applying broad and deep technical expertise in software design, with the ability to create new cutting edge technical solutions delivering a competitive advantage. A Lead Software Engineer must have the professional maturity and technical leadership skills to take on technical initiatives involving significant investment and may involve significant business risk. You will help define the technical approach to new programs, and communicate technical specifications to the team through the Scrum process. You have demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally and understand the program impact across departments. As a Lead Software Engineer you are able to provide deep technical analysis in specific domains to make recommendations on the best approach or solution. You will apply your broader knowledge of technology and software development to the team, including providing technical mentoring to other engineers. You will work within the Agile/Scrum environment to provide technical guidance to resolve on issues and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership, including research, analysis, problem solving, and input into architecture and software design
- Develop software as a team member within the Scrum framework, providing technical input and guidance (rather than making all technical decisions on the team)
- Provide technical mentoring as part of Lithium’s technical mentoring program
- Participate in and at times lead scalability projects along with management to allow for proper planning, design, implementation, and testing.
- Perform software testing on the code you create and that created by others
- Produce documentation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, MS degree preferred
- 12 years overall software development experience, with at least 5 years of experience in applicable technical domain(s)
- Ability to provide technical leadership to analyze technical problems and develop appropriate, scalable solutions
- 3+ years working in Agile experience
- Passionate about software development, AGILE and emerging technologies
- Highly proficient with unit testing frameworks, mocking and integration testing
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment and work in a team of experienced and highly motivated engineers
- Able to provide technical mentoring to others in engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with web-based Social Media applications is a plus
Why you should join our team Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits package. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, work with the best and brightest in the social media software industry. Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team.
Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Back to top