Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
We are searching for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to act as a hands on leader inside the Personalization organization at Lithium. Your core responsibilities are:
- Building and managing build and deploy
- Designing and developing tools and processes to maintain large applications and services at scale.
- Helping our engineers and data scientists build software that scales in terms of performance and stability.
- Ruthlessly identifying and removing system bottlenecks before they ever impact performance.
- Working side by side with on-call engineers to handle emergencies and then running postmortems to ensure they don’t happen in the future.
- Establishing best practices inside the organization, proving that they work and then bringing them to other teams at Lithium.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director heading the org and is considered to be a leadership role. As such, you will own your own roadmap that you develop after working with the orgs engineers and engineering leadership to determine where you can provide the most value.
- Passionate about customer outcomes
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a concise manner to a global workforce
- Team player, with strong mentoring skills
- Fun to work with
- 8+ years of experience as a SRE or software engineer
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert with Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Languages: Python, C or Java (including the JVM), shell scripting
- Have built and deployed systems on AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Databases: Both RDBMS and Key Value Store DB’s
- Networking: Cloud and Datacenter routing, VLANs, VPN
- Experience supporting highly scalable web applications
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 360 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Sephora, StubHub, Skype and Comcast — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own.
Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top