Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
We are searching for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to act as a hands on leader inside the Personalization organization at Lithium. Your core responsibilities are:
- Building and managing build and deploy
- Designing and developing tools and processes to maintain large applications and services at scale.
- Helping our engineers and data scientists build software that scales in terms of performance and stability.
- Ruthlessly identifying and removing system bottlenecks before they ever impact performance.
- Working side by side with on-call engineers to handle emergencies and then running postmortems to ensure they don’t happen in the future.
- Establishing best practices inside the organization, proving that they work and then bringing them to other teams at Lithium.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director heading the org and is considered to be a leadership role. As such, you will own your own roadmap that you develop after working with the orgs engineers and engineering leadership to determine where you can provide the most value.
- Passionate about customer outcomes
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a concise manner to a global workforce
- Team player, with strong mentoring skills
- Fun to work with
- 8+ years of experience as a SRE or software engineer
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert with Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Languages: Python, C or Java (including the JVM), shell scripting
- Have built and deployed systems on AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Databases: Both RDBMS and Key Value Store DB’s
- Networking: Cloud and Datacenter routing, VLANs, VPN
- Experience supporting highly scalable web applications
Lithium delivers awesome digital customer experiences at scale for the world’s biggest brands including Airbnb, AT&T, Sephora and Spotify.
Comprising Social Media Management and Communities, the Lithium engagement platform enables brands to manage multiple digital touchpoints, facilitate millions of conversations, and drive smarter decisions through data – connecting customers, content and conversations at the right digital moment.
Lithium has a massive digital footprint with approximately 480 million new digital interactions analyzed daily, 100 million monthly visitors across its Online Communities, and 850 million online profiles scored through Klout.
The Lithium® logo is a registered Service Mark of Lithium Technologies. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
- 480 million digital interactions analyzed daily – this is strictly the new interactions Lithium processes every day to keep the Klout Score updated. The Klout Score is calculated by aggregating interactions over the past 90 days, so the total number of interactions used to generate each day’s score is much larger.
- 850 million online profiles scored through Klout – this represents all Klout profiles that have been scored to-date, pulling from publicly available information based largely on Twitter profiles. The only instances where we would not have scored a profile is if 1) someone opts out of having a Klout Score, or 2) that particular Twitter handle has not generated any interactions (Klout Score is based on interactions).
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top