Director of Information Security
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
Director of Information Security
The Director of Information Security ensures adherence to Lithium’s information security strategy, programs and best practices. This is a highly visible and often hands-on position responsible for security governance and oversight which includes identifying and mitigating security risks in all corporate functions such as Engineering, Operations, Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology. This role requires practical knowledge in the areas of physical and logical security of applications, operating systems, databases and networks. This role is the resident security expert, and is a key resource that drives security initiatives and manages cross-functional project teams. The Director of Information Security is representative of the Lithium security function to management, staff, customers and auditors
- Direct and approve the design of security systems;
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested;
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning;
- Approve identity and access policies;
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities:
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry;
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations;
- Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business
- Oversee identity and access management;
- Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced;
- Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in IT security, which may include hiring;
- Provide training and mentoring to security team members;
- Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information;
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT
- Experience supporting and providing information security guidance to product development teams.
- 8+ years of successful experience in security, IT architecture or engineering management. Significant understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies including network, server, end-point, mobile, storage and how security relates to the overall IT.
- 5+ years management experience working with C-Level executives and customers.
- Previous hands on information security role with emphasis on:
o Security policy development
o Security audits and assessments (SAS 70, ISO 27001, PCI)
o Application and database security
o Network security architecture
o Security infrastructure technologies
o Vulnerability analysis
o Physical security
- 8 years of experience managing a global enterprise information security function preferably in the software/high technology industry.
- 5 years of experience with knowledge and experience with Software/Infrastructure/Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions and architectures.
- Experience working and supporting product development teams as it relates to information security compliance
- Demonstrated professional experience in preparing and presenting information effectively to broad internal and external constituencies including non-technical executives, corporate officers, business colleagues, product and service vendors and external peers.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology discipline. Professional information security certification (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP), SANS/GIAC, CISM, preferred.
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognised as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. Because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
VP, HR Operations
Kirk has a hand in all aspects of employee life at Lithium. He tackles everything from recruiting to employee onboarding, always striving to enable Lithium's employees to be their best.
Back to top