- Lead, manage and grow a talented and diverse group of software developers
- Mentor and motivate engineering talent to build a cohesive and high performing team.
- Work closely with product management to define project scope, priorities and timelines
- Work closely with engineering leadership team to define and implement the technology and architectural strategy
- Hire and develop a skilled workforce and take initiatives in building peoples career and also align that with the objectives of the organization
- Be a people leader, manage engineering managers who have personnel responsibility and work together to build a high performing team and culture
- Establish a governance model, which includes monthly project reviews, demos, beta, launch and frequent feedback mechanism
- Take complete ownership of project technical roadmap, which includes planning, publishing schedules, milestones, technical solution engineering, risks/mitigations, course corrections, trade-outs, delivery. Partnership with the Product Managers is essential
- Deliver high-quality scalable systems in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Implement and maintain best practices around AGILE software development
- Build an engagement model, consisting of staffing to output to outcome
- Partner with the Bangalore Leadership and HR team to roll out and operationalize strategic programs
Skills & Requirements
Qualification and Required Skills:
- At least 15 years of software engineering experience in high volume consumer or enterprise SaaS applications.
- At least 10 years of experience in directly managing a team of high caliber engineers. Experience with implementing modern and/or AGILE scrum development methodologies.
- Must have experience managing people managers
- Deep technical knowledge of web application development on highly scalable Java platforms
- Demonstrated experience in implementing culture, process, tools to deliver high quality software
- Experience in defining strategic vision and organizational planning
- Flexible, can-do mentality
- Proven ability to attract and hire superstar engineering talent
- Demonstrated ability to execute multiple, complex technical projects.
- A tech enthusiast, who builds technology advocacy, advisory and enablement through a variety of programs
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet operational performance goals
- Strategic thinking and direction - Understand the overall org strategy, influence the cross functional team to align on the strategic initiative, showcase an entrepreneurial mindset in solving the underlying strategic issues
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work with the group in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Problem Solving & Decision Making; Pro-actively identify problems & drive solutions, make decisions which are based on the values and principles of the organization and to be driven by data
- A servant leader who naturally puts the team's success first, and empowers the engineers to be successful
- Experience working with global and cross cultural teams
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
VP, HR Operations
Kirk has a hand in all aspects of employee life at Lithium. He tackles everything from recruiting to employee onboarding, always striving to enable Lithium's employees to be their best.
Back to top