Deal Desk Analyst - Contract
Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
Lithium is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Deal Desk Analyst (Contractor) to be part of our Sales Operations team. The Deal Desk Analyst - Sales Operations will report into the Senior Director, Global Sales Operations and serve as a key member of the sales operations organization supporting our Global Sales Team in deal creation, contract negotiation, forecasting and reporting.
As a Deal Desk Analyst within the Sales Operations team you will review and issue deal approvals, collaborate closely with our internal Revenue and Legal teams to ensure sales deals are aligned with internal revenue recognition policy and act as the key authority for all contract approvals when pricing and terms deviate from Lithium’s standard policy. This role will provide guidance to the sales team on the proper structure of customer contracts to ensure it aligns to Lithium’s booking policy, pricing guidelines, commission policies, and revenue-recognition requirements. The ideal candidate will also provide information on sales and product trends and impact future decision making in pricing, product packaging and go to market strategies worldwide. A willingness and desire for taking on new challenges and a thirst for continuous learning will be crucial for success in this role.
Sales Operations focused Responsibilities:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand behavior of sales, partners and customers.
- Partner with Sales Leadership, Marketing and Customer Success to identify trends, issues, insights and opportunities.
- Streamline business processes by automating workflows and recommending best practices within Salesforce and other systems.
- Increase the effectiveness of Salesforce data management, forecasting, quotes, opportunities, contracts, dashboards, reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and plan necessary training documents and presentations for new sales hires.
Deal Desk focused Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on analysis and project management of the deal desk, including, but not limited to: contract research (through Salesforce.com,) creation of quotes and service orders, managing approvals, and order requests for varying levels of deal size and complexity.
- Ensure sales opportunities are correctly aligned with finance, product pricing and corporate goals and business objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Services, Legal, Finance, and Operations to align resources to facilitate deal closure and implementation.
- Manage key relationships between the Sales Region and Headquarters, Product Marketing, Legal and Revenue teams to ensure open communication and transparency amongst all parties.
- Assume cross-functional projects to increase Finance and Deal Desk’s ability to efficiently and accurately analyze proposed sales opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience doing business analysis in finance, sales operations or marketing operations. Experience in SaaS company is preferred.
- BA/BS Degree.
- Expertise in a CRM system (Salesforce.com) or CPQ tool.
- Expertise in advanced Excel functions including merging of data sets, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, building scenarios, advanced formulas, graphing, etc.
- Ability to independently work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and get results.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to handle pressure when making difficult decisions with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a global team and global hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with commitment to sales and customer success.
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top