Customer Success Manager
Lithium is the global leader in Online Community and Social Media Management software. We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
We are looking for exceptional Customer Success Managers to play a key role in ensuring the continued success of our rapidly growing customer base. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for our customers, helping to maximize the value they receive from our solutions and cultivating a successful long-term partnership.
Our Customer Success team is founded on the core tenet that customers who are successful will sustain and expand their business with us over time. The key to achieving this success is effective adoption which includes technical success, broad usage, high impact results, and ongoing strategic and relationship alignment.
As a Customer Success Manager, your job is to make this success come to life for your assigned accounts by taking a long-term approach to driving the effective adoption of our products and ensuring the customer has full buy-in to the value created over time. Your performance is measured by improvement in our customer health metrics and the impact of your collaboration with our Renewals team and Sales team.
- Develop "power user" level expertise in the usage of Lithium's products and best practices for business impact.
- Ensure customers' success by monitoring their experience through the on-boarding process, removing roadblocks and coordinating Lithium resources where needed.
- Build customer skills and usage of differentiated features, by ensuring key customer employees complete Lithium-provided training on our products and on best practices for business adoption, and by providing supplemental coaching where needed.
- Broaden customer's internal support for Lithium's products and adoption into new departments through understanding the maturity model of Community and Social Media Management, building shared Success Plans, coaching customer stakeholders where appropriate, and networking within the customers' organization to further build support.
Business value realization:
- Understand and articulate the customer's executive priorities and defined initiatives where Lithium can have an impact.
- Quantify and describe the business value created by the customer's use of Lithium's products, both today and at full potential.
- Plan and execute regular outreach to your book of customers, including periodic Business Reviews (or QBRs), tactical execution check-ins, invitations to events and round-tables, webcasts, etc. - as appropriate to the tier of customers you serve. Collaborate with Sales and Strategy & Best Practice Center colleagues as appropriate.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with customers from front-line users to executive levels.
- Maintain relationships 'high and wide' within the customer's organization to ensure ongoing strategic alignment.
- On the customer's behalf, coordinate the work of Lithium's Professional Services, Support, and Strategy & Best Practice Center, so as to maximize results and efficiency.
- Leverage technology including CRM as well as our internal analytics tools to identify both at-risk and high-opportunity customers for intervention. Maintain flawless data hygiene in CRM and other tools.
- Follow Lithium's Playbooks for addressing customer situations and drive efficiency and process discipline in our execution for the customer.
- Collaborate regularly with counterparts in Sales and in Renewals to maximize their ability to upsell and renew customers.
30% estimated travel
Proven experience in a client-facing role at a B2C or B2B SaaS company
A passion and aptitude for technology and business transformation
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a bias for action - you love to get things done
Excellent business communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Strong analytical skills and ability to gauge and anticipate trends using data.
BA/BS degree preferred
A self-starter, enterprising individual who can work across multiple departments will be successful in this role
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
VP, HR Operations
Kirk has a hand in all aspects of employee life at Lithium. He tackles everything from recruiting to employee onboarding, always striving to enable Lithium's employees to be their best.
Back to top