Build software. Reach 500 million users. Change lives. That’s what we’re doing at Lithium. And you can do it, too. If you want to put your stamp on the digital customer space and enjoy yourself along the way, come join the team. We’re looking for seriously passionate, fun, collaborative & innovative thinkers to help us change the world.
Community Strategist & Manager
If you want to accelerate your learning and career growth in a forward looking company, stop thinking about doing the same thing over and over again. Instead, think about the impact you could be having above and beyond your current role. If you want to have a strategic impact on the business while still remaining technically hands on, this could be the role for you. Come work for the industry leader in the space.
Who are we looking for?
If you’re a seasoned community manager interested in helping lead the strategy of our evolving community and a brand ambassador who is passionate about bringing people together to support the growth of Lithium’s heart and soul: our own community of social business experts, customers, partners and the internal teams that serve them, this is where you want to be.
This is a unique opportunity to grow your skills and credentials as a strategic leader in the community space leveraging the tools built by the leader in the space - US! Lithium powers some of the largest brands communities, and you have the opportunity to be at the center of everything we do. You will have a direct impact on our customers’ success by owning and driving community programs and activities and supporting our global business initiatives.
Here’s where you’d be able to make a difference:
- Be the voice and company interface of the Lithium Community
- Develop the community strategy and roadmap and define goals to support business objectives
- Lead virtual teams; Coordinate internal and external resources to drive initiatives and execute on the operational community plan.
- Lead the interaction with customers, prospects and partners across the Lithium community
- Identify, cultivate and manage relationships with super users and advocates
- Manage recognition & loyalty programs to recognize and reward the most influential members of Lithium’s community
- Solicit, gather, evaluate, and implement user feedback to optimize the community experience
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Strategy Consulting and Engineering team to drive a vibrant blog program.
- Collaborate with Customer Support to improve the usage of our community around helping our customers
- Collaborate with Customer Success to build a central Best Practices section and help us leverage a 1-to-many push towards success
- Collaborate with Product Management to improve our products by testing new features and gathering user feedback.
- Prepare reports with qualitative and quantitative data, insights and analytics to communicate trends and the value of community to stakeholders.
Realistically, we need an experienced community leader who wants to strategize on the next generation of our community. We need someone with the ability to truly critically think through a problem and come up with viable solutions in conjunction with the technical knowledge to pull it off. Most importantly, we need someone that’s led projects, ideally distributed, and can look at how the community is functioning to improve our overall ability to scale. This includes the ability to push and influence other organizations.
As part of our content and community organization, reporting into the support world, you will be partnering with top-flight employees from all areas at the company, owning ‘everything’ community including Internal, External and Customer support community angles. You must be strong collaborator with all parts of the organization to define and execute a community strategy that provides a world-class digital experience.
Our teams are very distributed, so being able to communicate via text and online is crucial. Our primary location for this particular opening is Austin, TX and typically in the office, with flexible working hours and an opportunity to work from home as needed.
What’s your day look like?
As a Community Manager, you are critical for our long term success! This role is pivotal to our future scalability in many areas of the business, but especially our newly expanding Reach & Response product lines. You’ll spend time working through the community and pushing forward our super user program while leading the moderators and other Lithium contributors to the right areas to answer questions.
By leveraging your understanding of Community best practices and your strategic vision to put together a roadmap and collaborating across the business, you’ll be spending a lot of time working with different project members. In the strategy component of the role, you’ll talk to global resources and partnering with leaders in the business to enable our customer’s to have a solid experience when they come to the community.
Your arsenal will include using Lithium industry leading tools including the Lithium Community (surprising, huh?) as well as our Reach & Response applications.
You will work closely with other teams at Lithium such as Front-Line Support, Engineering, Professional Services, Sales, Customer Success and other teams necessary to ensure our community continues to improve in the long run.
Desired Qualities & Skills
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Our content and community team needs someone to lead the strategic direction of the community. Our team members need to have an attitude and personality that makes them suited to work with people (our customers and their co-workers!) and make those people happy.
This role is experienced with leading community strategy, engaging with super users and partnering internally cross-functionally to improve what we’re doing today. In today’s ever-changing social landscape, we need someone who’s up-to-date on the latest and greatest web tools and platforms. You have the vision needed to be able to mold the community for the future, not just today.
Expected “Preferred Skills” List
To help you out in figuring out what we’re looking for, here are some examples of the skills that make for a great team member. Not having all the skill sets will not discount you from consideration as we are looking to round out our team effectively! These are simply plusses and should be showcased.
- Extensive online community management and moderation experience
- Experience with Lithium products and solutions
- Excellent communication & writing skills for both internal and external purposes such as presenting your thoughts to company leaders, interacting with community members online, and writing blog posts or other articles
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, drive consensus and unite opposing views to a common vision
- Familiar with the latest and greatest social channels (forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with Lithium applications
- Experience with any (or all) of the following tools: #slack, JIRA, Salesforce.com, Confluence, etc.
Why you should join our team
We’re looking for someone who really wants to make a difference. You’re energized by social media, collaborating on solutions and solving complex challenges. You have a passion for community management and are driven to help reinvigorate, redesign and rebuild the primary Lithium Community, both internally and externally focused.
Lithium's software helps companies reinvent how they connect with their customers. We work with more than 300 of the world's best brands— including AT&T, Best Buy, Indosat, Sephora, Skype and Telstra — to respond on social networks and to build trusted content on a community they own. Now with Klout, Lithium reaches more than 500 million consumers across 10,000 specific interest areas to establish trust and reputation. Together, we represent one of the biggest collections of data on consumer attitudes, preferences and digital activities. Our 100% SaaS-based Lithium Social Customer Experience™ platform enables brands to build and engage vibrant customer communities to drive sales, reduce service costs, accelerate innovation and grow brand advocacy. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recognized as a leader by top analyst firms, including Gartner and Forrester. And because our culture is as exciting as our products, we’ve been ranked as one of Glassdoor’s Best Place to Work. Come check us out!
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Meet Some of Lithium's Employees
Vice President Of Sales - West
Ross interacts with both new and existing customers as he directs Lithium's revenue operations. He works with his team to inspire and sell Lithium's products and services to some of the world's most iconic brands.
Back to top