Product Specialist - San Mateo
Product Specialist role is a combination of supporting the existing carrier/product offerings as well as researching and performing multi-dimensional analysis including but not limited to, market analysis, rate and plan benefit comparisons, market surveys and product vetting. In addition, applying these skills to creating training content/materials for varying audiences.
To assist in development of new products and revision of existing products, including gathering and analyzing data from various sources, and supporting the development, negotiation, and implementation of rates, rules, and forms. Prepare marketing strategies and programs for a product or product line. Evaluate product performance to help develop and update company goals and objectives. Advise sales team on any relevant product concerns. Recommend changes to current product development procedures based on market research and new trends.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Acts as internal communication point for various carriers and partners
- Verify and update carrier information received by our carrier/vendors on the company intranet and public facing website
- Proactively create sales tools and update content as well as continue to maintain and manage the current set of tools.
- Coordinate review of website materials monthly to ensure accuracy of carrier information and update documents for website
- Provide reports to various stakeholders as well as the ability to use reports to analyze sales information in various projects.
- Subject Matter Expert for assigned carriers (knowledge of carrier market position, strategy and competitive situation)
- Perform complex, advanced analysis of product line; analyze trends and develop tactical and strategic recommendations that drive and support business decisions and/or influence new initiatives.
- Independently manage projects of varying complexity; understand business objectives as they relate to project goals.
- Subject Matter Expert for quoting systems and liaison for new product rating implementation
- Conducts regular carrier sales analysis of carrier performance with LISI/CoPower and its major competitors (resulting from carrier updates or as requested by sales or management).
- Facilitate regular carrier sales analysis of carrier performance with LISI and its major competitors (resulting from carrier updates or as requested by sales or management).
o Proactive creation of carrier reports
o Rate analysis
- Conducts Training (webinars, onsite or individual contact for new hires or existing staff)
o Carrier quoting (HealthConnect)
o Other trainings as required
- Participate in information gathering and coordination of various project tasks as it relates to implementing new products and/or services
Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
May be required to attend various educational opportunities to increase job knowledge.
Will be required to cross train to support existing positions.
Will be required to attend regular department meetings and provide input or reports as requested.
May be asked to travel for trainings or meetings.
- 5+ years health benefits industry experience.
- 5+ years selling health insurance products.
- Ability to disseminate and communicate information to staff in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively analyze/research data, educate staff and develop tools and resources
- Ability to identify, coordinate, facilitate and manage project activities
- Ability to use technology (Applications and services) to create and deliver training materials and content is preferred.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office 2013 Software, especially MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Must possess strong carrier portfolio knowledge as well as extensive knowledge of the GA market and broker community.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Process and detail oriented.
- Positive attitude and ability to coordinate changes and updates from various sources
- Quick learner and a team player with the ability to thrive in fast pace environments
- Proficient in MS Office Software, especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exercise good judgment and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Sit up to 8 hours per day; must be able to life 10-15 lbs. occasionally
- Professional, Collaborative, business setting. Possible remote work setting.
Back to top