CoPower is seeking a dynamic and passionate Product Manager to develop the strategy and vision for product roadmaps, establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders. You will strategically and creatively think about how the sales and customer/consumer experience should work, translating a vision to processes and requirements to transform how ancillary benefits are delivered to the marketplace.
You will be responsible for the design, system configuration, and management of all CoPower products. With a new ‘system’, you will be involved in establishing new sales initiatives and need to collaborate across multiple stakeholders to ensure successful deployment of the new technology driving to new and improved methods for launching ancillary products.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain long-term product vision and roadmap for ancillary insurance products for CoPower
• Research new product partnership opportunities to expand product & services portfolio
• Analyze and Propose Product designs to drive strategies and new market opportunities
• Serve as subject matter expert for ancillary insurance products as needed internally and externally
• Leads the business case development/ROI analysis, feasibility, price modeling to provide new product recommendations to sr. management.
• Actively participate in sales cycles relating to product in a subject matter expert / product evangelist capacity.
• Serve as product champion for new and existing products related to the delivery of ancillary products
• Work in collaboration with key stakeholders in operations, product management, client services and engineering across the company to define product features.
• Work internally within the company with executives, sales, marketing, client implementation teams, and product development.
• Work externally with clients, prospects, industry experts and partners to effectively articulate CoPower capabilities across the spectrum of our solutions
• Actively participate in development activities including writing product requirements and specifications, and ensuring that new development matches these stated requirements.
• Work in an agile product development environment
• Monitor new development to ensure it matches product requirements and priorities.
• Research product features, competitors, potential partners, industry needs, client needs
• Train and educate internal teams and the sales team on our products. Write product briefs and create content for presentations.
• Ability to consult, advise, and influence teams on system capabilities for deployment of new Product ideas
• Assesses market trends, customer needs and product capability to identify new product opportunities.
• Leads large, complex cross-functional teams in developing and implementing new products to differentiate CoPower from competitors.
• Assists in developing the core positioning and messaging for product implementation.
• Provides research and product design expertise to product implementation teams.
• Perform complex, advanced analysis of product line; analyze trends and develop tactical and strategic recommendations that drive and support business decisions and/or influence new initiatives.
• Conducts regular carrier sales analysis of carrier performance with CoPower and its major competitors (resulting from carrier updates or as requested by sales or management).
• Independently manage projects of varying complexity; understand business objectives as they relate to project goals.
• Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• May be asked to travel for trainings or meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• An understanding of the ancillary insurance landscape and industry trends
• Expertise and experience with ancillary benefit offerings to individuals and employees
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Experience with market research, competitive analysis, and usability testing.
• Must possess strong interest in technology innovations and curiosity to discover how technology can help in delivering a better experience to customers.
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Positive attitude and ability to coordinate changes and updates from various sources
• Exercise good judgment and decision making
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to build consensus and work with both upper management and development teams
• Ability to disseminate and communicate information to staff in a timely manner.
• Ability to effectively analyze/research data, educate staff and develop tools and resources
• Ability to identify, coordinate, facilitate and manage project activities
• Ability to use technology (Applications and services) to create and deliver training materials and content is preferred.
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.
• Proficient in MS Office 2013 Software, especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• 5+ years of health insurance industry with experience that includes exposure to insurance product design, provider networks, or administration systems
• 3+ years in sales and/or product development
• 2+ years in a position that utilizes or has interaction with Benefit Plan structures
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Sit up to 8 hours a day, must be able to lift 10-15 lbs. occasionally
• Professional, Collaborative, Business setting
Meet Some of LISI's Employees
Field Sales Representatives Manager
As head of LISI’s field sales representatives, Mark provides them with the tools to sell effectively and the strategies to lay the groundwork for a long and successful sales career.
Back to top