Software Engineer - Platform Services
- Philadelphia, PA
We are seeking a Software Engineer that will work on our core software that drives Linode's customers and teams forward every day. In this role, you will create and maintain integrations between our internal systems, work on new product development, and improve customer experience and enablement through product improvements.
We're a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. This role allows you to work on ambitious projects with cutting-edge technology which can positively affect the experience of our entire customer base.
- Work with a highly skilled team to develop innovative cloud computing solutions for customers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop automated solutions, demonstrating measurable gains in business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bring technical solutions to the lead architects or technical lead, solicit feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review.
- Document your solutions clearly and thoroughly and use that to train others on the team, including production support personnel.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams, using sprints to deliver software solutions in an iterative manner.
Outlined below are skills and technologies used by some of our teams. You don't have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some and an interest to learn others:
- Operating System: Linux, preferably Debian derived distributions
- Programming Languages: Python, Golang, Bash, Perl, ColdFusion
- ORM & Tools: SQLAlchamy, Flask, Django, mock, pytest, pylint
- DevOps Tools: Docker, Jenkins
- Version Control: Git
- Database: Relational DB
- Tech Fundamentals: networking, system administration, unit testing
- Best Practices: Agile software development and Test Driven Development
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Educated views on technology and software architecture to bring to the table
- Experience deploying and operating production systems
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working with high-volume relational databases
- A Love for Linux
Nice to have
- Previous database administration experience is a plus.
- Exposure to monitoring tools like New Relic, Sentry, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience working for a hosting company, IaaS, or PaaS provider
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Contributions to open-source projects as well as public personal projects
- Prior experience or exposure to Systems Architecture and Software Design
- The ability to maintain live production systems
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide free comprehensive health/dental insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We'll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers-from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises-trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.
Back to top