Tour Guide (Part Time)
Tour Guide (Part Time)
Tour Guides serve as professional ambassadors of Lincoln Center for the thousands of tourists that visit each year from around the globe and provide 30-90 minute unscripted Guided Tours of Lincoln Center's 16-acre campus. Tour Guides conduct tours of Lincoln Center for the general public, private groups, and schools. Guides may conduct new, specialized, and VIP tours as needed.
Tour Guides inform guests about the historical, artistic, and architectural aspects of Lincoln Center and provide information about daily events and performances. Guides must translate hard facts about Lincoln Center into engaging stories to produce unique guest experiences, cultivate new patrons, and promote events and the Lincoln Center brand.
Guides are called to work on an as-needed, per-call basis, which requires flexibility in hours/scheduling. Tours operate seven days per week from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM, year-round. Tour Guides may be required to give up to four tours in a day. Successful completion and passing of a rigorous training program is required with ongoing professional development throughout a Tour Guide's tenure. We are currently seeking candidates bilingual in English and Spanish or Mandarin.
The wages and other terms and conditions of employment for Tour Guides are controlled by a collective bargaining agreement between Lincoln Center and Local 32BJ SEIU. Guides will become members of the union after a probationary period.
- Enthusiasm for the performing arts, visual arts, and history of New York.
- Ability to memorize and relay detailed information in an engaging and factual manner.
- Customer service orientation, and demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for fostering meaningful connections with diverse audiences.
- Attention to detail, punctuality, flexibility, patience, and professionalism.
- Dedicated team player who adapts easily to rapidly changing environments and situations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Mandarin preferred.
- Background in the arts, education, or guided tours preferred.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the positon, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be accessible by e-mail for timely exchange of work-related information.
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
70 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023
Please list: Tour Guide (Part-Time) in the subject line.
Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top