Senior Manager of Social Communications
Position: Senior Manager of Social Communications
The Senior Manager of Social Communications, is responsible for creating, publishing, and monitoring content for Lincoln Center’s official social media channels in alignment with institutional strategy and goals. He/She will provide social media expertise to Lincoln Center’s communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with the Marketing and Content teams, the Senior Manager will make content recommendations based on best practices in general and on Lincoln Center’s audiences, goals and metrics, in particular.
- Work closely with communications leadership to generate and implement new content ideas for Lincoln Center’s social media accounts and websites.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Programming and Digital departments—and other members of the Editorial and Marketing teams—to develop, produce, and publish content.
- Coordinate social events and developing roles for influencers.
- Plan and execute (or assign) live social media coverage of select Lincoln Center events, with the support of seasonal interns.
- Create, assign and oversee content updates that are posted on Lincoln Center’s main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat), and other channels as needed.
- Monitor comments/activity on Lincoln Center’s social media channels, and responding as necessary.
- Offer innovative solutions and stay current with social media trends; make recommendations to internal stakeholders, and, when approved, implement new social media initiatives.
- Establish specific, realistic goals for social media campaigns (e.g., driving ticket sales, expanding reach, or increasing engagement, or some combination of the three), and developing and executing social media campaigns to support these goals
- Create and interpret social media and web analytics reports; make recommendations for improvement.
- Work closely with Marketing to maximize impact and ROI on social campaigns
- Train staff on social media protocols and policies.
- Communicate social media best practices within the institution (both for Lincoln Center’s institutional presence and for employees’ personal accounts) and across the Lincoln Center campus.
- Supervise seasonal interns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in editorial, social media, journalism, or similar field, preferably within a cultural institution or mission-based nonprofit organization.
- Ability to interpret social media reports and website analytics.
- Experience supervising interns and/or direct reports.
- Ability to set, manage, and delegate work to ensure that deadlines are realistic and are met.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with a web content management system and a variety of social media platforms.
- Demonstrated passion for the performing arts.
- Experience creating inclusive communication.
- Familiarity with Lincoln Center programming a plus.
- Familiarity with digital advertising a plus.
Please send a cover letter (including your salary requirements and interest in Lincoln Center) and resume to our [email protected]/* */ inbox.
Please list “Senior Manager of Social Communications” in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top