Senior Director, Lincoln Center Education
Senior Director, Lincoln Center Education
The Senior Director is a senior level position on the education team at Lincoln Center Education (LCE). The position oversees efficiency of the financial and operational systems needed to support LCE's mission and goals. The position also oversees LCE's longstanding Summer Forum and Teaching Artist (T/A) Development Labs; both providing high quality learning experiences for artists and educators. Additional responsibilities include overseeing national and international educational consultancies, and special projects as assigned. S/he collaborates closely and reports directly to the Executive Vice President (EVP) of Education and Community Engagement and partners with a range of Lincoln Center departments to ensure effective communication across and within the department. The Senior Director has direct management responsibility for a staff of three, which includes the Assistant Director of Business and Operations, Assistant Director of Global Partnerships, and an Administrative Assistant.
- Works closely with the EVP and LCE senior leadership to develop strategic priorities and plans;
- LCE finances:
- Main contact with finance department and Lincoln Center's Chief Financial Officer
- Establish financial reporting protocols with education team and planning and development colleagues;
- Administrative Infrastructure:
- Oversee the department's operational processes, developing and improving systems to be more efficient.
- Evaluate and improve LCE's data collection infrastructure, implementing new technologies to support communication, analysis, and growth;
- Partner with LCE team and other Lincoln Center departments to coordinate strategy and messaging with marketing, editorial/social media, government affairs, human resources, and planning and development;
- External Affairs:
- Coordinate strategies and approve collateral materials with Lincoln Center marketing and social media teams to promote LCE's work;
- Provide external support for LCE as needed, including meetings with funders and elected officials, committee meetings, and attending work-related events;
- Present on behalf of LCE at conferences, Summer Forum, and other events as opportunities arise;
- Represents LCE on Lincoln Center's Council of Educational Programs
- Trainings and Consultancies:
- Oversee the content, marketing and growth of Summer Forum and T/A Development Labs and is responsible for cultivating, maintaining, and sustaining educational clients throughout both nationally and globally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center Education (LCE) enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally and in the community.
- At least 5 years of management experience;
- Financial reporting and budget oversight experience;
- Strong organizational skills with strong detail orientation and the ability to multi-task;
- Data-base Technology/Tessitura experience;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills in email correspondence, phone communication and in-person situations, with colleagues and external partners;
- Ability to build relationships across lines of difference and with diverse stakeholders;
- International experience;
- Excellent customer/client services orientation
- Ability to work weekends and evenings;
- Master's Degree in a related field (arts and/or education) preferred or equivalent of education and experience.
- A passion for arts access and social justice principles;
- A good sense of humor;
- A strong belief Arts Education is about a complete education and access to the arts is a civil right.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Senior Director, Lincoln Center Education in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Lincoln Center is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top