Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is seeking a proven accounting professional to join our organization. The fluidity and agile nature of our environment means that no two days are ever the same. Therefore, successful applicants will demonstrate a hawk-like focus on detail, razor-sharp attention to accuracy, and seamless adaptability for changing priorities.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position is responsible for a full range of accounting duties. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in timely month-end closes, which includes preparing accruals and other journal entries and coordination with finance colleagues
- Analyze revenue and expense to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Account for contributed income, specifically special events and the Lincoln Center Corporate Fund
- Review and record multi-year operating and redevelopment pledges, including discounting
- Assist with monthly and quarterly cash flow reporting
- Prepare and review various balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial statements, 990 tax return and various grant reporting
- Perform analysis of monthly financial results for assigned areas
- Special projects and ad hoc analysis
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two plus years of accounting/ auditing experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA (or in process) as well as non-profit experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed.
- Must have good analytical skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Knowledge of Epicor is a plus.
- Must be a team player who is able to work with colleagues to achieve shared goals.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: [email protected] Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Senior Accountant in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top