Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.Title: Security OfficerDepartment: SecurityReports to: Senior Director of Security
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is open to the public and operational on a 24x7, 365-day basis. Security Officers are scheduled to work 8 hour shifts and may work at any time of the day or night, and any day within the week. Individuals employed in the role of a Security Officer are required to perform the following duties:
- Uniform patrol and Plain-clothes (dark suit and tie) over varied assignments on a sixteen-acre campus, in all weather and during all times, assignments conducted both inside and outside. These duties require standing and walking patrols that involve extended periods on foot. Includes security for high-profile, VIP and highly attended events, with indoor and outdoor assignments such as crowd control, bag checks, Hand Held Wand Searches etc.
- Conduct initial investigations relating to visitors, patrons and employees becoming victims of sudden injury, sickness or criminal activity.
- Prepare concise written reports concerning a wide variety of conditions encountered on campus.
- Assist Emergency Medical [EMS] personnel while they render medical treatment on campus, and aiding in building evacuations in times of emergencies. These duties frequently require officers to have the physical ability to lift incapacitated people either into ambulances, or carrying disabled people down stairs.
- Interact professionally and respectfully with daily campus visitors, employees and patrons, and provide information as requested.
- Conduct inspections of handbags and packages being carried onto the campus, into concert halls and other public venues and facilities.
- Conduct interior inspections of vehicles entering the garages and drop off areas.
- Maintain access control procedures in various campus facilities and public venues.
- Current New York State Security License required (8 and 16 Hour Certificates).
- NYC Fire Guard Certificate will be required within first 60 days of employment.
- CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Must have GED or High School Diploma.
- Ability to respond to and communicate with individuals of all backgrounds in a professional and respectful matter. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and may be of Regular or Temporary status as business needs dictate. Weekend work is a requirement. Voluntary overtime is available, with occasional mandatory overtime due to operational needs.
The position is a union-represented role and employees are required to join the Local 32BJ union within 30 days of employment. Employees are eligible for benefits following 90 days of employment.
Please submit a resume (with cover letter preferred) [email protected] Please include "Security Officer" in the subject line of your email.
An application may also be requested in person from any Lincoln Center security post on campus, and submitted with a resume for consideration.
Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top