Director, Venue Sales
Director, Venue Sales
Reporting to the Vice President, Concert Halls and Operations, this position is responsible for developing and implementing an expansive strategic rental/sales program for numerous diverse Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts facilities including Alice Tully Hall, David Geffen Hall, The Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse, the David Rubenstein Atrium and all outdoor public spaces. The position is charged with bringing in new clients, maintaining relationships with the returning clients as well as all resident organizations – meeting a revenue target of $30M plus annually.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Market and sell all venues managed by Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
Develop booking strategy for large-scale bookings, including media events, film and TV shoots, installations/exhibits.
- Propose and implement new methods of sales for current spaces in order to garner new clients and increase repeat business and generate new revenue streams
- Work collaboratively with the marketing department to promote Lincoln Center as a destination.
- Responsible for the management and administration of event contracts and proposals; provide input and feedback, as needed.
- Govern the scheduling process for over 400 internal and constituent events taking place in Lincoln Center operated venues.
- Manage relationships between Lincoln Center and all internal, constituent and external clients to ensure exceptional service relating to the rentals of the spaces.
- Maintain client relationships after events are booked to ensure that event-related needs, including Production, Front of House, Security, and Catering, are met.
- Sell and coordinate the use of Lincoln Center marketing resources for outside licensees, including website, calendars, flyers, posters, campus branding opportunities, use of Lincoln Center’s digital landscape, etc.
- Create and manage the budget for the venue sales department and work with the Vice President, Concert Halls and Operations and the Chief Operating Officer on annual and quarterly planning, forecasting, and strategy
- Direct supervision of venue sales staff, currently configured to include 1 senior manager, 4 managers, and 1 assistant.
- 10+ years of senior level experience in sales and venue rentals. Concert hall booking, hotel/hospitality, tourism or significant university campus setting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience meeting sales goals in excess of $10M plus.
- Senior level management experience required, including both the strategic oversight, as well as the day to day management, of a successful, proactive sales team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing new marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest in performing arts helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected]/* */ inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Director, Venue Sales in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top