Director, Educational Partnerships
Position: Director, Educational Partnerships
Department: Lincoln Center Education
Reports to: Senior Director, Education & Community Engagement
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2016
Lincoln Center Education enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally and in the community.
The Director of Educational Partnerships leads a staff of passionate and experienced arts education administrators and reports to the Senior Director, Education & Community Engagement. She or he is responsible for the strategic growth and day-to-day operations of LCE’s portfolio of school-based programs, ensuring extraordinary teaching and learning experiences for over 200 school partners and 30,000 students annually. The Director is a leader in the field and joins LCE’s senior management team in ongoing discussions about pedagogy, participant outcomes, and management best practices.
- Support the school partnerships’ staff capacity to: build strength-based, culturally responsive, and effective partnerships; serve as experts in LCE’s pedagogy, performance season, and visual arts offerings; facilitate planning with teachers and teaching artists; observe and offer feedback on teaching practice; and document and assess student work;
- Establish pathways of engagement for pre K–18 students and teachers that increase access to Lincoln Center and the arts in general for students and teachers;
- Maintain ongoing relationships and establish new strategic alliances with educational partners including NYC Department of Education, school district superintendents, and higher education administrators;
- Collaborate with the Programming and Production team on artistic programming for school audiences;
- Work closely with Planning & Development staff and the Senior Director to support new funding opportunities and report on the progress of ongoing projects;
- Oversee budgets for all pre-K – 12 & Higher Education programs;
- Collaborate on research and evaluation projects with outside consultants, disseminate findings, and turn-key into more effective program design;
- Represent LCE at educational conferences, including conducting workshops and panels at LCE’s annual Summer Forum; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education or experience;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a director level position, or comparable role;
- Knowledge of and experience with classroom settings and school systems;
- Experience leading engaging trainings and professional development workshops;
- A proven team leader who can inspire, guide and direct a team to meet clear goals and outcomes;
- Comfort with creating, tracking, and reporting on program budgets;
- An understanding of current educational trends and how the arts fit within the broader educational landscape;
- Excellent writing skills; solid command of grammar and style
- Strong interpersonal skills in email correspondence, phone communication and in-person situations, with colleagues and external partners; and
- A sense of humor.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center Education) to the [email protected]/* */ inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Director, Educational Partnerships in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly. Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top