Associate Director, Engineering Operations
Associate Director, Engineering Operations
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, and White Light Festival.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations and Facility Services, this position utilizes business and field operations management experience to lead, direct and coordinate activities of the engineering department. This department operates and maintains all power plant and related facility, life-safety, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, ensuring the highest level of efficiency and reliability for LCPA, the Lincoln Center campus and its constituents. This is a unique opportunity for candidates that are adept at creating and leading a cohesive team, have proven strategic and tactical business management experience, and want to make their mark at a prestigious and renown New York cultural institution.
Primary responsibilities include: supervision of the daily operations and maintenance of the Central Mechanical Plant and Rose Building Mechanical Plant, oversite of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems in the concert halls and administration facilities; utility services management and distribution; administrative oversite of utility services procurement and monitoring support; campus vertical transportation contract maintenance; and code compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct activities in preventative maintenance, operation and upgrades of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety and vertical circulation systems to maximize the provision of these services in an efficient, cost-effective and code compliant manner.
- Lead and direct large complex capital projects of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, ensuring quality of work and adherence to scheduling, quality and budget demands.
- Direct work order management, labor assignments, and scheduling of engineering staff, and oversee weekly payroll administration.
- Support and represent the Sr. Director, as needed, in the oversight and coordination of operational activities, which may include collaboration and support from trade and custodial services.
- Support the Sr. Director and the Vice President with forecasting operating costs of engineering department expenses, preparation of fiscal budget requests as well as constituent billing practices.
- Monitor contract services within areas of purview to ensure conformance to scope, schedule, budget and quality of service delivery.
- Establish and monitor bench-marking criteria and performance standards to provide the appropriate level of engineering services and staffing.
- Research fire codes, building codes and other relevant regulations to ensure that facility and life-safety systems remain in compliance with applicable codes and regulations. Administer and maintain compliance with FSD and EAP regulations.
- Research and analyze technology and industry trends, human resource needs and market demand for capital projects, preventative maintenance procedures and staffing strategies.
- Eight (8) plus years' experience in facilities management, with extensive knowledge and experience in managing operations of large and complex facilities, including steam and chilled water plants, life safety systems, major mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Demonstrated managerial skills - experience supervising, coaching and mentoring contract and unionized labor.
- Experience with complex capital renovations
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills, excellent mathematical, reasoning and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated leadership, responsiveness, and accountability
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of BMS computer-based systems and software applicable to physical plant operations, MS Project, Autocad Design software, proficient in MS Office Suite
- Flexibility with work hours
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred Training/Skills Experience:
- Current NYC Refrigeration License – Unlimited Ton/Unlimited HP
- Current EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification
- Emergency Action Plan/Fire Safety Director Certified Class E High Rise
- Active member in ASHRAE
- LEED certified
- Active in an Engineering Society
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) via email to [email protected] listing Associate Director, Engineering Operations in the subject line.
Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top