Assistant, Venue Sales
Assistant, Venue Sales
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world's leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
The Assistant, Venue Sales will report to the Senior Director, Business Development and Customer Experience, Concert Halls, and provide administrative support to the Senior Director and entire Venue Sales team.
We seek a proactive, savvy, detail-oriented individual with exceptional follow-up skills - one who is committed to supporting the Venue Sales team in managing over 500 events annually for a vast array of VIP clients while also professionally representing Lincoln Center as a premier event destination. This individual will work with the Senior Director on special projects and marketing strategies as well as support the Venue Sales team in an array of functions as they pertain to the team's role in assessing date availability, managing a high volume of inquiries, contract execution, and invoicing.
- Managing the booking line, fielding inbound date inquiries from potential clients
- Assisting with coordinating behind the scenes logistics for grand-scale events like movie premieres, award shows, conferences, and product launches
- Supporting team on data entry
- Generating reports to aid team in meeting deadlines
- Liaising with Finance, Legal, and other departments for various event-related approvals
- Coordinating and scheduling site visits
- Maintaining updated content on Venue Sales website
- Managing and tracking contract execution and payment status
- Creating and managing monthly calendars for all Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts' managed venues: David Geffen Hall, Alice Tully Hall, Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse, David Rubenstein Atrium, and the Public Areas (including Josie Robertson Plaza, Hearst Plaza, and Damrosch Park)
- 1 to 2 years of sales experience in the service industry preferred
- 2 to 3 years of administrative support in a fast-paced environment required
- Outstanding customer service skills and strong relationship building instincts, with ability to address issues with diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects with frequent and specific deadlines and consistently follow up to ensure tasks are completed and that both Venue Sales team members and clients are satisfied
- Ability to rigorously manage heavy volume of emails and phone calls
- Team player
- Thirst for knowledge and efficiency
- Operates with a sense of urgency and is results oriented
- Interest in special events a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and database programs required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Assistant, Venue Sales in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top