Assistant Director, Venue Sales
Assistant Director, Venue Sales
Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Development and Customer Experience, the Assistant Director, Venue Sales is responsible for implementing an expansive rental/sales program for numerous diverse Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) facilities including Alice Tully Hall, David Geffen Hall, The Stanley H. Kaplan Penthouse, the David Rubenstein Atrium and all outdoor public spaces. The position is charged with bringing in new clients, strengthening relationships with the returning clients as well as all resident organizations.
- Responsible for generating over $14M for LCPA facilities (overall target revenue of $30M across all constituent properties)
- Support Senior Director in developing strategic sales plans and track and report on goals
- Under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director, create and manage the budget for the venue sales department and work with the Vice President, Concert Halls and Operations on annual and quarterly planning, forecasting, and strategy
- Evaluate the sales potential of existing relationships and identify areas for improvement and growth
- Maintain and update all reporting from Concert Hall Booking System (ArtsVision)
- Conduct site visits with potential clients and provide cost estimates throughout the sales process
- Write event specific contracts and proposals for events as needed, to be reviewed by Lincoln Center senior staff and constituent organizations
- Serve as onsite contact for high-profile events to ensure seamless execution
- Foster and sustain relationships with repeat clients and key industry contacts to yield repeat business
- Deftly govern the scheduling process for over 400 internal and constituent events taking place in Lincoln Center operated venues
- 4 to 6 years of direct sales experience
- Extensive experience in meeting aggressive sales goals
- Ability to rigorously manage heavy volume of e-mails and phone calls
- Outstanding customer service skills and diplomacy
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be a team player who excels in group problem solving and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing sales strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest in performing arts is a plus
- Experience working with databases
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Please list: Assistant Director, Venue Sales in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Meet Some of Lincoln Center's Employees
Associate Director, Music Programming
Lincoln Center showcases many amazing performances each year, and Kate is in charge of booking speakers and artists and overseeing the programs for a number of them.
Back to top