Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more atli.me!
Lime is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join our Engineering team and help us to revolutionize the micro-mobility space! As a backend Software Engineer at Lime, you will build the core technology that powers Lime's global services. You will also craft systems that serve boatloads of requests from our connected vehicles and consumer-facing apps. On a typical day, you will work alongside a group of engineers, designers, and PMs with experience from top companies.
We are a remote first organization and are accepting applications across the United State and Canada for this position.
What you'll do:
- Develop robust systems that serve both our user-facing apps and our internal tools
- Pick up new programming languages and frameworks on the fly and helping out where needed
- Closely monitor the performance of all critical parts of our stack and respond to system failures
- Be diligent about tracking data so that we have a good look into how we can improve our products
- Work with a talented team of designers, product managers, and operators
- Dogfood our product and document any bugs or feature requests
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Fluency in at least one web framework, such as Ruby on Rails
- You have experience working with relational databases
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $105,000, plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.