Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
The Public Relations team is responsible for advancing Lime's message to media, regulators, third-party partners and riders. We engage local and national press to share the value of micro-mobility and how Lime is transforming lives and communities. The team uses our industry-leading work on sustainability, equity and collaborative community and government partnerships to amplify our impact, win entry into markets and build a sustainable business in the cities we serve.We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our communications strategies for DACH region.
You'll develop an integrated communications strategy while driving the company’s consumer, corporate and trade media relations activities to reinforce Lime’s leadership position in Germany (and the region). You will work closely with our EMEA operations and government relations teams as well as your regional public affairs counterparts and the corporate communications team.
What You'll Do
- Drive a communications strategy to support Lime’s business and regulatory objectives in local markets throughout DACH
- Amplify our story through local media
- Proactively demonstrate our positive impact in communities and reactively manage issues and media inquiries
- Manage production of day-to-day deliverables – including researching, drafting and editing materials such as communications plans, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Op-Eds and memos
- Engage directly with local and regional top-tier media to shape stories, serve as an on-the-record spokesperson, or rapidly respond to breaking news and crises
- Constantly generate creative ideas to help Lime break through the noise and secure earned media coverage
- Be an excellent consultant to local General Managers and other leaders in the region
- Partner with local Government Relations Directors to develop communications strategies around state and local micromobility rules and regulations
- Localise our corporate initiatives, sharing news around tech, product and company-wide announcementsCollaborate closely with local operations teams in DACH markets to support market growth objectives
- Preferred Location: Berlin. Open to other locations in Germany.
- 8+ years experience in communications, media relations or public affairs
- On-the-record media experience and established history of building and fostering media relationships with local outlets and/or national business, tech and policy publications
- Strong understanding of the public policy issues related to Lime’s products and service, and a familiarity with relevant stakeholders and media influencers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to take ownership over projects and plans, with an ability to be nimble and move directions quickly
- Compelling, authentic and persuasive communications style, with excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure and with high stakes
- Personal passion for sustainable urban transportation and an ability to evangelize its benefits to cities and stakeholders
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan.
- You are a high-energy person who is not afraid of jumping in where needed
- Fluence in German and English essential
- Bachelor's degree required
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Remote or Hybrid working policy.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun, and motivated people.
- A competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity.
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements.
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits.
- Unlimited Lime Vehicle use.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#LI-AC1