Web Development Mentor - Part-Time
Positions open in Vancouver, Toronto & more.
You are a rare breed: a strong programmer who is passionate about mentorship & education. You believe in learning by doing (even if you’re traditionally trained), and you love people almost as much as you love code.
Our curriculum is built to accommodate different levels at once, using a hands on method, tons of 1-on-1 mentorship through amazing teacher/developers who want nothing more than to get the best out of ambitious, passionate & driven people.
Mentors are responsible for handling any and all questions that come up. This includes pair programming and debugging issues with them, which in most cases is more valuable for the students than giving them an answer. Code reviewing and helping students refactor their code is also a big part of being a mentor.
Teaching at Lighthouse Labs is secondary to most developers’ primary responsibility, and can be for 6-20 hours a week.
We are looking for:
- A strong Web Developer but addicted to mentorship
- Who loves teaching, but doesn’t want to stop coding
- Believes in learning by doing
- Loves people as much as code
- Wants to try their hand in rapidly iterating a curriculum to better suit the 20 people in front of you, even when they’re all looking at you skeptically because you claim to be able to teach them so much in so little time that they will actually be employable
Software Development - 2 years
To apply, visit www.lighthouselabs.ca/careers-at-LHL or submit a resume & cover letter to Kate Ciborowski below.
Back to top