iOS Development Mentor - Part-Time
Positions open in Vancouver, Toronto & more.
You are a rare breed: a strong programmer who is passionate about mentorship & education. You believe in learning by doing (even if you’re traditionally trained), and you love people almost as much as you love code.
Our curriculum is built to accommodate different levels at once, using a hands on method, tons of 1-on-1 mentorship through amazing teacher/developers who want nothing more than to get the best out of ambitious, passionate & driven people.
Mentors are responsible for handling any and all questions that come up. This includes pair programming and debugging issues with them, which in most cases is more valuable for the students than giving them an answer. Code reviewing and helping students refactor their code is also a big part of being a mentor.
Teaching at Lighthouse Labs is secondary to most developers’ primary responsibility, and can be for 6-20 hours a week.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in iOS development
- Passion for teaching and helping others
- Strong communication skills, articulating and explaining concepts
- Have mentored junior developers in a professional or personal capacity
- Previous teaching experience is not required. (We've been doing this for a while, have 50+ p/t teachers and know exactly how to bring new teachers up to speed)
Work with students like Navaneethan, a Lighthouse Labs iOS Development Alumnus:
To apply, visit www.lighthouselabs.ca/careers-at-lhl or submit a resume & cover letter to Kate Ciborowski below.
Meet Some of Lighthouse Labs's Employees
Co-founder & Chief Talking Officer
Jeremy’s mission as the co-founder and CTO is to unite the many talented individuals involved with Lighthouse Labs under a single vision and purpose.
Back to top