Instructor - iOS Development (Part Time)
Are you the person for us? How could you be? We are looking for the rarest of combinations:
- Strong iOS developer but addicted to mentorship
- Loves teaching, but doesn’t want to give up developing
- Believes in learning by doing, even if you may have been classically trained
- Loves people as much as code and code as much as people
- Wants to try their hand in rapidly iterating a curriculum to better suit the 20 people in front of you that are all looking at you skeptically because you claim to be able to teach them so much in so little time that they will actually be employable.
Lighthouse Labs is an intense 8-week bootcamp that turns beginners into professional developers. What we are seeking is people who think education can be done better. Our belief is simple: most of what you learn as a developer is on the job. Code is a craft and the best way to work on your craft is to study under people who treat the practice of code like Hattori Hanzō treats the making of swords.
We believe in outcome driven education, that is built through a curriculum that is treated like a product i.e. constantly being tested, challenged, improved, and is contributed to by a community of developers who equally care about how to best train the next generation of developers. Our curriculum is built to accommodate different levels at once, using a hands on method, tons of 1 on 1 mentorship and by hiring amazing teacher/developers who want nothing more than to get the best out of ambitious, passionate & driven people. Mentoring takes place on site at our downtown location.
Mentors & instructors are responsible for handling any and all questions that come up. This includes pair programming and debugging issues with them, which in most cases is more valuable for the students than giving them an answer. Also, code reviewing to help students refactor their code and giving instruction (“lecture”) and breakouts some mornings and afternoons.
Teaching at Lighthouse Labs is secondary to most developers’ primary responsibility and can be for 6-20 hours a week . As such, we schedule shifts based on your availability and preference, as best as possible. Scheduling can be fixed or determined on a weekly or bi weekly basis. Instructors are needed throughout the entire day from about 9am to 4pm.
At least 4 years of professional experience in iOS development
Passion for teaching and helping others
Strong communication skills, articulating and explaining concepts
Have mentored junior developers in a professional or personal capacity
* Previous teaching experience is not required. (We've been doing this for a while, have 50+ p/t teachers and know exactly how to bring new teachers up to speed)
Work with students like Navaneethan, a Lighthouse Labs iOS Development Alumnus:
Back to top