Substitute Teachers for 2020-2021
- Jacksonville, AR
Jacksonville Lighthouse Charter School: Flight Upper Academy is currently seeking substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year for an immediate start. Please submit your application for consideration.
Lighthouse Academy (LHA) substitute teachers are more than instructional staff members and classroom managers. They help transform children's lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future. We are seeking teachers who will make the commitment to teach with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
- Past experiences and actions reflect a commitment to the LHA mission, vision, core values
- A passion and ability to build and sustain the LHA 5-8 model in a high need, urban environment
- Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
- Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
- Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community, staff, families and students
A Lighthouse Academy substitute teacher works to create and enhance a culture of achievement and respect where high expectations and results are the norm. All substitute teachers are responsible for demonstrating significant and measurable academic gains, each year, with the students they teach. All substitute teachers' actions must always be aligned with our mission, vision, core values and education program. The essential functions for our substitute teachers are as follows:
- Implement lesson plans left by classroom teacher; ensure all material is covered.
- Adhere to the daily routine and schedule provided by classroom teacher.
- Consult with Director of Instruction if additional materials and activities are needed.
- Present academic content through a variety of instructional strategies to reach all learners.
- Maintain a safe and productive learning environment. Implement classroom procedures, systems, and routines that provide structure for students and maximize instructional time.
- Communicate and enforce high expectations and standards for behavior and academic performance, aligned with the LHA School Culture Guide and Responsive Classroom, to maintain a strong culture of achievement and respect.
- Establish, model, practice, and reinforce age-appropriate rules and logical consequences
- Communicate outcome of the day to classroom teacher through note or communication log.
- Fulfill all outlined and related functions professionally, timely and thoroughly.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or higher; Bachelor's degree and substitute teacher certification not required but preferred
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an educational setting
- Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban program
- Ability to implement lesson plans and manage students
- Highly effective oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
Back to top