ESL Paraprofessional - Immediate Need
- Calumet City, IL
Are you an educator seeking a position that provides cutting-edge educational experiences to change kids' lives? If so, East Chicago Lighthouse Charter School is the right place for you! We are currently seeking an innovative, energetic and committed ESL Paraprofessional to join us for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please submit your application or send your resume directly to Christine Ginty, at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. This position is for an immediate start.
- East Chicago Lighthouse Charter School is an established K-8th grade school striving to make positive changes in public education in Northwest Indiana.
- We are currently collecting resumes for bilingual candidates interested in ESL Interventionist opportunities for the 2020-2021 school year.
- This is a great position for aspiring ESL teachers to begin their career!
Will you be the next strong addition to our team of change-agents in the classroom? Find out by applying now!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of two years experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
• Required state ESL or Paraprofessional certification/licensure preferred
• Proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban environment
• Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program
• Mission Focused
• Driven towards Excellence
• Results Oriented
• Culturally Proficient
• Collaborative Colleague
• Constant Learner
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of or experience with Common Core State Standards or Understanding by Design preferred
• Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision-making related to student achievement
• Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
• Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
• Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Back to top