7th Grade ELA Teacher for 2020-2021
- Merrillville, IN
Are you an educator seeking a position that provides cutting-edge educational experiences to change kids' lives? If so, Gary Lighthouse Charter School: Upper Academy is the right place for you! We are currently collecting applications for an innovative, energetic and committed 7th Grade ELA Teacher to join us for immediate hire.
Please submit your application or send your resume directly to our Manager of Operations, Christine Ginty, at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Gary Lighthouse Charter School: Upper Academy is an established 4th-8th grade school striving to make positive changes in public education in Gary, Indiana.
- We are currently collecting resumes for teaching candidates interested in a 7th grade English Language Arts opportunity for the 2020-2021 school year.
- All licensed teaching candidates interested in a school focused on rigorous academics, restorative practice and innovative lessons will be highly considered.
Will you be the next strong addition to our 2020-2021 team of change-agents in the classroom? Find out by applying now!
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Education
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
- Two (2) years prior teaching experience preferred
- Required State teaching certificate/licensure
- Highly Qualified status under No Child Left Behind
- Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program
- Proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban environment
- Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision-making related to student achievement
- Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
- Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
- Data management tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
Back to top