At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over 4 million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users a week. Our technology is innovative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we're profitable and seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
AS A STAFF BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT LIFTOFF, YOU WILL:
- Build and have end-to-end ownership of Liftoff's core engines, including distributed data stores, data processing pipelines, and high-performance services.
- Improve tooling and infrastructure to ship multiple times a day with quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Partner with the product team to plan short and long term strategy
- Contribute to an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Leverage your expertise in Clojure, Go, or other technologies to empower and mentor the engineering team - maximizing team velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Very strong coding ability.
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- A high bar for quality and perfection, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and ability to get things done.
- Excited to work on large scale data stores and distributed systems.
- Ability to lead across team and role boundaries to effect large scale change in culture and systems.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 8+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience building high scale distributed systems and backend architectures.
- A healthy sense of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
Liftoff Mobile, Inc. (“Liftoff”) is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.