Staff Backend Software Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over 4 million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users a week. Our technology is innovative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we're profitable and seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
AS A STAFF BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT LIFTOFF, YOU WILL:
- Build and have end-to-end ownership of Liftoff's core engines, including distributed data stores, data processing pipelines, and high-performance services.
- Improve tooling and infrastructure to ship multiple times a day with quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Partner with the product team to plan short and long term strategy
- Contribute to an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Leverage your expertise in Clojure, Go, or other technologies to empower and mentor the engineering team - maximizing team velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Very strong coding ability.
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- A high bar for quality and perfection, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and ability to get things done.
- Excited to work on large scale data stores and distributed systems.
- Ability to lead across team and role boundaries to effect large scale change in culture and systems.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 8+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience building high scale distributed systems and backend architectures.
- A healthy sense of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
Back to top