Sr. Software Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over half a million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. Our technology is creative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we've already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
As a Software Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
- Have end-to-end ownership of projects, and collaborate with a small team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Ship code multiple times a day, and within seconds see its quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Be part of an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Become an authority in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- An incredible desire for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- Excited to work on all parts of the stack (UI, backend, operations, data analysis).
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years software engineering experience.
- Machine Learning experience a plus.
- Experience building large distributed systems a plus.
- A healthy sense of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
Liftoff Mobile, Inc. (“Liftoff”) is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Back to top