At Liftoff+Vungle, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over 4 million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users a week. Our technology is innovative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we're profitable and seeing tremendous growth. Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
This role is eligible to work out of any of our below North America office locations or is eligible for full-time remote work in one of our entities.
US office locations: Redwood City (HQ), San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle, Austin (office in 2022)
As a Software Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
- Have end-to-end ownership of projects, and collaborate with a small team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Ship code multiple times a day, and within seconds see its quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Be part of an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Become an authority in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- An incredible desire for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- Excited to work on all parts of the stack (UI, backend, operations, data analysis).
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years software engineering experience.
- Machine Learning experience a plus.
- Experience building large distributed systems a plus.
- A healthy sense of fun!
Working at Liftoff+Vungle is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the mobile app ecosystem. If this role sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Liftoff+Vungle is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff+Vungle is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff+Vungle maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff+Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff+Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff+Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.