Backend Software Engineer
- Redwood City, CA
At Liftoff, we’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth. To do so, we build Machine Learning and Big Data-driven technology that can accurately predict which apps a user will like, and connect them in a compelling way. Our systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies -- processing over a million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. Our technology is innovative and we have strong product-market fit; as a result, we've already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
Across our engineering teams, we offer a wide range of opportunities for different skill levels and experiences.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
- Have end-to-end ownership of Liftoff's backend components, including distributed data stores, data processing pipelines, and high-performance front end servers.
- Ship code multiple times a day, and within seconds see its quantified impact on millions of users and our business's revenue.
- Be part of an “engineering excellence” culture through state-of-the-art tools, risk-driven testing, explainable systems, and code review.
- Become an expert in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
- Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
- Very strong coding ability.
- Solid core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
- An incredible desire for quality and perfection, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
- Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
- Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
- Excited to work on large scale data stores and distributed systems.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- 4+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience building large distributed systems or backend architectures.
- A healthy sense of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Come join our team and help us shape the future of mobile growth!
Back to top