Staff Engineer, Membership Payments - Remote
- San Francisco, CA
About Life 360
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
About the Job
Life360 is looking to expand from our wildly successful presence in the mobile app world as the #1 family coordination app into a bigger surface area including a robust offering of features and payments on the web.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply technical Staff Engineer to expand our web portal, enabling our members to discover, sign up, pay for, and experience Life360 on the web.
- Insist on producing the best quality work in everything you build
- Able to work closely with Product, Design and Marketing teams
- Can help recruit and attract additional talent to the team
Education / Experience Requirements
- Experienced in the subscription payments processing for consumer products
- Well-versed in payment technologies and services including subscription management software, merchant accounts, and payment gateways. Able to guide the team and company in choosing the technical direction and strategy as we expand our web presence.
- Looking for a chance to expand your career by taking on a greenfield effort within a growing company
- 8+ years hands-on development experience in payments
- Experience in Java and/or PHP is desirable
Back to top