Sr. Test Engineer 2, Cloud
- San Francisco, CA
About Life 360
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test at Life360, you'll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our Life360 members. You are a passionate leader who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on Leader who can grow a SDET team and give a technical vision of the future for Life360 Cloud testing and automation. This isn't just about Testing, we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
- You are providing leadership and coaching and mentoring to your SDET team
- Define, design and deliver tools and automation framework for our backend systems
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test strategies, test plans, and test scenarios for product under test
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers for backend testability and design
- Create end-to-end, cross cloud-impacting, integration automation (API and UI) with complex orgs
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
Experience and Qualifications
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- Strong communication and leadership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Knowledge of Mobile application development tools & processes.
- 4+ years experience testing mobile applications
- Experience in the Android and iOS platforms, features, and tech
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Solid understanding of software concepts and mobile apps
- Highly proficient in Java, Python or a similar language
- 8+ years of experience in a SDET role
- 2+ years of experience in a Leadership role
- Strong understanding of microservices
- Good understanding of data stores, distributed systems and data modeling
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Jenkins
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the AWS environment and its various tools
Back to top