Senior Test Engineer I, Web
- San Francisco, CA
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
As a Sr Software Test Engineer II, Web at Life360, you'll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our Life360 members. You are a passionate Test Engineer who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on SDET with technical vision of the future for Life360 Web testing and automation. This isn't just about Testing, we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
- Build testing strategies for the features under development
- Improve QA efficiency by developing new tools and process
- Define, design and deliver tools and automation framework for our web systems
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test strategies, test plans, and test scenarios for product under test
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers for backend testability and design
- Create end-to-end, integration automation (API and UI)
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Knowledge of Web application development tools & processes such as Selenium
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Solid understanding of software concepts and mobile apps
- Highly proficient in Java, Python or a similar language
- Proficient in HTML, XML, CSS and browser DOM
- 4+ years of experience in a SDET role
- 4+ years experience testing web applications
- Strong understanding of web technology
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Jenkins
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the AWS environment and its various tools
ABOUT OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Back to top