Senior Software Engineer, iOS - Remote
- San Francisco, CA
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Role:
Life360 has been laser-focused on providing an amazing experience to users in the US. This has been very successful for us, but now it is time to expand our global reach. A majority of our users sign up outside the US, so there is a huge opportunity for us to make a global impact on the lives of families all over the world.
As an iOS engineer on the newly-formed Growth & International Team, you will be contributing to the top-priority initiative of improving the Life360 experience internationally. The Life360 iOS app uses cutting edge technology to deliver services to families around the world, and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as we deliver new experiences to our users.
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as an iOS Engineer:
- Develop localized features for
- Develop telemetry systems to measure and improve application performance in the wild
- Improve app launch times by inventing a library lazy-loading system, which in turn improves retention makes our users even happier
- Build app-wide support for right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew, and help drive localization best practices around the organization
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
- Excited by challenges with localization and delivering high-quality experiences to international markets. Life360 is all over the world, and we currently support 13 languages and counting. With your help, we are making our international experience even better.
- Comfortable with supporting various versions of iOS and new technologies as they come out. This includes Size Classes, interactive push notifications, and UI Testing.
- Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 3.2 billion requests per day from our iOS app alone, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
- Has proven results in improving app launch times and performance. We are polishing a finely-tuned machine, and making it lightning fast for our users. Every second of launch time you can save will mean our users will love our app even more.
- Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the international performance of our iOS app, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
You have the following experience:
- Minimum 8+ years of iOS development experience
- Experience developing and supporting a shipping app
- Passion for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in iOS
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Cocoa ecosystem
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
We’d be excited if you have:
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience with localization of iOS apps
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Experience with RxSwift or other streaming methodologies
- Experience with multiple design patterns, such as RIBs, MVC, MVVM, and VIPER
- Experience with advanced networking technologies like MQTT or WebSockets
- Experience with launching quick product experiments
ABOUT OUR CULTURE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Back to top