Senior Software Engineer, iOS
- San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Job
Life360 has been laser-focused on providing an amazing experience to users in the US. This has been very successful for us, but now it is time to expand our global reach. A majority of our users sign up outside the US, so there is a huge opportunity for us to make a global impact on the lives of families all over the world.
As an iOS engineer on the newly-formed Growth & International Team, you will be contributing to the top-priority initiative of improving the Life360 experience internationally. The Life360 iOS app uses cutting edge technology to deliver services to families around the world, and there are plenty of opportunities for career growth as we deliver new experiences to our users.
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as an iOS Engineer:
- Develop localized features for
- Develop telemetry systems to measure and improve application performance in the wild
- Improve app launch times by inventing a library lazy-loading system, which in turn improves retention makes our users even happier
- Build app-wide support for right-to-left languages like Arabic and Hebrew, and help drive localization best practices around the organization
- Participate in the interview process to help us hire great talent
You are someone who is:
- Excited by challenges with localization and delivering high-quality experiences to international markets. Life360 is all over the world, and we currently support 13 languages and counting. With your help, we are making our international experience even better.
- Comfortable with supporting various versions of iOS and new technologies as they come out. This includes Size Classes, interactive push notifications, and UI Testing.
- Experienced with cutting-edge client-server communication. Our servers handle over 3.2 billion requests per day from our iOS app alone, so any optimizations you make will be incredibly impactful to our business.
- Has proven results in improving app launch times and performance. We are polishing a finely-tuned machine, and making it lightning fast for our users. Every second of launch time you can save will mean our users will love our app even more.
- Comfortable developing cross-functional features that span several platforms. You will have ownership over the international performance of our iOS app, and will be able to make broad-reaching improvements in the user experience.
You have the following experience:
- Minimum 8+ years of iOS development experience
- Experience developing and supporting a shipping app
- Passion for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in iOS
- Comfortable with multiple areas of the Cocoa ecosystem
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
We’d be excited if you have:
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience with localization of iOS apps
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Experience with RxSwift or other streaming methodologies
- Experience with multiple design patterns, such as RIBs, MVC, MVVM, and VIPER
- Experience with advanced networking technologies like MQTT or WebSockets
- Experience with launching quick product experiments
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.
Back to top