Senior Product Designer - Remote
- San Francisco, CA
About Life 360
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
About the job
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Designer to join the Life360 team. This individual will help evolve and elevate the Life360 product to create experiences that are user-friendly, delightful, and scalable for our users.
- Lead design initiatives by working closely with engineers and product managers to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Use and evolve our design system in order to produce design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to streamline the design process and prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Support our Design System effort by contributing to Life360’s UI Kit and Design System
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Previous experience in launching successful product
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Formal degree in Design or related field
- Expertise with UX tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Principle or other prototyping tool.
- Previous experience with UI Kit and Design System
- Holistic understanding of iOS and Android Design patterns
- A portfolio that demonstrates end-to-end design work
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills—you’re comfortable sharing conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- A positive attitude is a must—we welcome healthy discussion and debate, and ultimately put ideas ahead of egos
Back to top