Senior Mobile Build and Release Engineer
Senior Mobile Build and Release Engineer
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Role:
As a Senior Mobile Build and Release Engineer on the Life360 Mobile Systems Engineering team, you will help keep the Mobile CICD pipeline running at top speed. We need smart and passionate engineers who are obsessed with squeezing every bit of performance out of a build system, and ensuring we safely delivery our apps to market. You will work side-by-side with app and test engineers to ensure consistent, high-confidence delivery through our CICD pipelines.
About the Team:
We are agile, focused and obsessed with our end user experience. We encourage our software engineers to embrace shared responsibility for writing testable, high performance, maintainable code. We deliver the Life360 mobile apps frequently and fearlessly with a quality oriented engineering culture. Individuals on our team are motivated, trusted and continuously focused on technical perfection.
- Drive a team of Tools, Infrastructure, Test and Release Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability and testability of the Life360’s mobile apps
- Build, maintain and operate our mobile app CICD pipelines
- Operate our build infrastructure, including working with vendor partners
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for Life360’s mobile apps, focusing on productivity, testing and release.
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA and cost control adherence
- Coordinate all production systems, information systems, and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment
- Collaborate with leadership and key partners on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Programming experience in Java, Python
- Linux OS, including scripting experience
- Experience with containerizing build workloads using Docker
- Experience with Fastlane for App Store deployment
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and building developer tools
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture and operations
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android build systems, networking, log analysis tools, CirclCI, and app signing
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
Back to top