Senior Data Engineer (REMOTE)
Senior Data Engineer (REMOTE)
With over 15 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 95 full time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job:
At Life360, we collect a lot of data: 60 billion unique location points, 12 billion user actions, 8 billion miles driven every single month, and so much more. As our first dedicated Sr Data Engineer, you will be responsible for helping build out our data processing and storage pipelines and workflows. You should have a strong engineering background and even more importantly a desire to take ownership of our data systems to make them world class.
- Design and develop resilient pipelines using a variety of different technologies
- Manage our data from ingestion through ETL to storage and batch processing
- Automate, test and harden all data workflows using tools like Apache Airflow
- Architect logical and physical data models to ensure the needs of the business are met
- Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of all data infrastructure
- Be part of an awesome infrastructure team handling massive scale with tons of automation
- Always be learning and staying up to speed with the fast moving data world
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working with high volume data infrastructure
- Extensive experience programming in one of the following languages: Python / Java / Scala
- Experience with writing SQL queries, performance tuning, and data modeling
- Knowledge and proficiency in the latest open source and commercial data frameworks
We're a growth company, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own key components of the business.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
Back to top