Product Manager, Systems
- San Francisco, CA
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Role
The system team’s mission is to support and improve the core technology that Life360 users rely on. This includes location, driving, and other key areas that are crucial to supporting the Life360 user experience.
We're looking for a strong product manager to help build and manage the core systems at Life360. This will require technical fluency, product intuition, and an ability to work with key stakeholders from all areas of the organization. You will work to holistically plan the system team’s key initiatives and have global impact as we continue to improve our experience for users worldwide.
Given the complexities in this area, you should be comfortable with unknowns and uncharted territory. We need your skills and ability to adapt in order to make it happen. Prior experience involving working with Android, iOS, sensors, location, and driving will be crucial to this role.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define product requirements to target key user needs and pain points with inputs from engineering, design, product, and marketing
- Identify opportunities for improvements in key system areas and new products
- Clearly communicate and align initiatives and issues with leadership, product, engineering, marketing, and key business partners within Life360
- Utilize data, customer research, technical and product intitiution to continually improve our systems
- Define and track key metrics across all system initiatives and improvements
Education / Experience Requirements
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- 2+ years experience in product management delivering successful solutions that you’re extremely proud of
- Experience in the Android and iOS platforms, features, and tech
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Strong communication and leadership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Strong preference for experience in the location and driving tech space, but not required
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.
Back to top