Product Manager, Privacy and Compliance - Remote
- San Francisco, CA
About Life 360
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
We are seeking a product manager who is passionate about user privacy and compliance. As a Product Manager for privacy and compliance, you are always on top of existing and emerging data compliance trends and regulations in the data privacy space.
The role will require you to build and maintain privacy and compliance controls that meet the company’s business needs in a user friendly and data-first way. You will work closely with cross functional teams that extend across all business functions from legal, marketing, customer service and engineering, to challenge existing company processes and propose world class solutions to manage our data compliance systems and user privacy controls. Additionally, you will review all feature launches to verify their compliance and advocate for best practices in building compliant products.
- Own all compliance and privacy controls
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to map out overall data, privacy and compliance trends and determine how they apply to Life360
- Interface with teams to define the company’s Privacy and Compliance roadmap, ensuring alignment throughout the organization
- Ensure that Life360 product team is equipped to incorporate compliance principles and risk considerations into the product planning and development process
- Own the end to end process related to controls implementation from definition, specification to shipping
- Ensure all compliance procedures are properly documented and accessible to Life360 employees
- Ensure our data practices and privacy controls are visible to Life360 users
- Conduct privacy and compliance assessments and internal auditing on an ongoing basis
- Stay up to date on privacy regulation in countries where Life360 is being used, and anticipate new requirements from regulators
- Manage relationships with international counsels
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- 4+ years developing data driven products in a heavily regulated industry
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills, good communication skills; a passion to unite people behind a common goal
- Ability to address compliance risk managing cross-functional stakeholders processes, communicating and influencing stakeholders at various levels across functional boundaries
- Strong product management skills and business acumen with an innate ability to nail the “Why” before jumping into solutioning
- High Attention to detail both in terms of compliance regulations and user experience
Previous experience as compliance or privacy program manager is a plus
About our culture and benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Back to top